December 20, 2010

Lying in your attic, I can feel the static.

I feel like Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me in the head and felt no remorse for doing so. The jerk. Basically, headaches, 101.4 fevers, sore throats and runny noses are not the best way to begin your winter vacation.

I must've slept approximately 18 hours on Saturday. That was exactly what I needed after a week of exams. Tuesday I had my art exam, which was literally just working on our latest project, a surrealistic watercolor painting based off a collage we composed. I've since taken it home to work on this break, but it remains untouched. I hate working on anything with tissues stuffed up my nostrils. I guess that's true for anyone.

Wednesday was interesting. I managed to miss setting my alarm and thus slept in until 9:30 a.m. At this time, I was supposed to be at school, already halfway through my physics exam. I woke up in a sheer panic and shouted expletives I need not repeat. I've had dreams of being tardy, but never, ever, in my life, have I actually overslept. My mom called the school and I got dressed quickly. Luckily, my physics teacher let me make up the exam after school, no hassle. Apparently all my classmates were freaking out that I wasn't there to originally take it, though. I also had my English exam that day, and since I put in a good effort, I should have an A. (There's no way our teacher was reading all our critical commentaries and our creative writing portion.)

Thursday was AICE Biology and AICE Math. AICE Bio was not nearly as difficult as I had thought it would be. Regardless, I'm pretty sure my semester grade is a B. B is for bummer. Math went alright and I learned I got an 85, which if I did my calculations right, means I was just three points short from earning an A for the semester. I can't seem to figure out if my teacher added in any extra credit or what.

Friday I had my Spanish 3 exam. That was fairly easy except that conjugations were muddled in my mind. I also had my AICE European History exam in the afternoon. I aced that bamf. Pfft, I didn't even need a word bank for those fill in the blank questions.

I am incredibly glad it's all over with and now I have the next two weeks or so to relax. It's hard to beat.

I've recently fallen in love with this song.


Good luck to everyone still toughing exams and Happy Holidays, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you will recover from the illness soon.
    Please take care.
    And good luck to you,too!
    Happy holidays!

    Tom, Japan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man, I hope that your feel better as soon as possible! Relax, keep warm and snuggly in a big pile of blankets, drink plenty of hot chocolate, and eat lots of chicken soup. :) That actually sounds like a kind of appealing way to spend ones day, except for the whole Chuck Norris part...

    But that's definitely awesome that you've managed to get through all of your exams and everything! Woohoo! And for the most part it sounds like you did very well, so congrats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better!!!!!! I know semi what it's like with the whole tissues up the nostrils (I have awful winter allergies).

    But that is a great song!!! I'm sure that's making you semi-better.

    Hopefully, you'll get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( no good!
    feel better. being sick is no fun, especially over christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, it's not funny to be ill! I hope you'll feel better soon. Omg, what a terrific story that you was too late on your exam! :o
    I like the photo of you sitting on a cupboard of something. :)

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, I really appreciate that!

    Yeah, I know I haven't been blogging for a long time. Don't know why. I think the important reason is that I'm so time-poor the latest time. Now my holidays have just started, just like yours :p and i feel so delighted!

    In 30 minutes I'll be in school to get my score. Oh, I'm so stressed :) Trying to relax a bit.
    And congrats on your scores!

    I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a lot of luck for the New Year! Enjoy your holidays and take care of yourself :)!

    Bye,
    sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. Reading this is making me stressed out ;) ha! Kidding! But I'm glad you survived and everything worked out. A B is still a notable achievement- don't get tooooooo down:)

    ReplyDelete