June 09, 2012

Won't stop 'til it's over.

This summer, as I had hoped, has been fantastic thus far.  Despite worrying about my remaining Cambridge exams (only three more to go!), I've enjoyed some very awesome days.

For instance, on Tuesday I had a lovely picnic date with Stephen, AKA the guy I really like. I didn't take any pictures, in part because of the whole philosophy that you aren't actually enjoying what you're doing if you stop to take pictures, and in part because I just didn't feel like it.  I also wasn't thinking of how I was going to write about the event later in a blogpost unlike I usually do. (Having been a blogger for about five years now, it's a habit.)  I thoroughly enjoyed the day, though.  There's no doubt about that! There's a lot I'm not going to say, but I will tell you I read aloud the first chapter of The Fault in Our Stars and he was kind enough to listen.  And that I am quite possibly the happiest I've been in a really, really long time.

I'm currently listening to Temper Trap play live at Bonnaroo thanks to a stream on YouTube.  Using the same channel, I watched Radiohead perform last night and I had SO MANY FEELINGS.  Especially during House of Cards, for reasons.

In the past few days I've watched a good number of episodes of Breaking Bad and several movies thanks to my one month free trial of Netflix.  Hey, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth!  Instead of talking about the films individually, I figure I will compile a comprehensive list of all of them and then give my thoughts in one massive post.  Look forward to that, I suppose.  

After hearing it was good from several sources, I finally read Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I can see why people would compare it to The Hunger Games, but I think it stands it own.  I've only just started the sequel, Insurgent, so I'll have to wait and see how it all pans out before saying too much.  Plus, there's a third book to be released soon (because apparently you can't write YA fiction making it a trilogy) and that could either make or break the series.  Still, if you're looking for a compelling read to occupy potentially rainy summer days or accompany you outside, I certainly recommend it.

I hope your summer days are awesome, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Summer is always so exciting. I feel like it's a new year in a sense... I mean... it is, but you know what I mean.

    This boy sounds lovely :)

    Also: BOOK SWAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my book!

    Also, Stephen sounds pretty darn awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. >.> i still need to send my book.

    i don't think i entirely agree with your camera philosophy. i keep a pinhole camera and film on me at all times. i don't miss the moment, but i try to live vicariously through photos of memories. sometimes i think time moves too quickly to not try to preserve precious moments...or am i just being silly...
    im just worried that one day all the beautiful things i experienced will be forgotten, and i'll just be a bitter old man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that's so great <3 Stephen sounds pretty swell!

    ...okay, I really just wanted to use 'swell' in a sentence.

    People have reccomended that book to me as well, so I may pick it up next time we go to Barnes and Noble.

    I hope you continue having a great summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Stephen will be on his way to becoming a Nerdfighter now. ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

    Breaking Bad is another thing I have to watch. There are so many TV series I'm supposed to be watching this summer that I am determined to accomplish.

    We had our mail stopped when we left the country, so I'm excited to see what blogger mail I've got waiting for me. Also, I think I have to write a letter back to you? I can't even remember which makes me feel terrible. Off to search my disaster of a room.

    ReplyDelete