April 17, 2009

Probability.

I originally intended to try "live-blogging" my adventure as being a bum on the couch and watching that new Spongebob movie starring Johnny Depp. Rather my mom, dad and I watched four episodes of Cheers on DVD, which are always enjoyable. We're on season four. Gotta love Woody. If you've never seen it, I highly advise you do so somehow, sometime.

I've given up on The Fountainhead. Besides, my brother needs it for his English class. I've since read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and it was okay; not my favorite book in the world. I haven't been able to check out City of Glass from the library. Point is, I am book-less and once I shake off this drowsiness, I'd like to have something to read. Any suggestions?

There was a cake contest held at school this past Thursday. my English teacher gave us 20 points extra credit points if we entered, so I said, "what the heck." Worst decision ever. [Perhaps that's exaggerating, but still.] I worked really hard to make it the best I could, though I'm no professional cake baker and/or decorator. Here's a picture, you can be the judge:



It had to deal with a book or the theme: "Worlds Connect @ Your Library" and I incorporated the worlds from one of my favorite series, Pendragon, by D.J. MacHale. I got honorable mention and therefore I won a $10 visa gift card, which loses its value by $3 if you don't use it relatively soon. Sneaky.

I had three tests today. I hope I did well on each. I'm really not sure at this point. Goo. Rah. That's how I feel about it. Plus having to dedicate my Saturday to volunteering with science. Although I don't mind doing it, I'd just much prefer sleeping in. You know how that goes.

4 comments:

  1. I love your cake!
    There's something much more interesting about a colourful icing monstosity than a boring regular cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read the Pigman by Paul Zindel; his books are really good!

    It was actually a new SpongeBob episode rather than movie. I was expecting much more than a 30 min episode, but it was still funny and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shudder* Euah...gazelles. *is not sure what sound 'euah' makes*

    Yup, it certainly was fun! I never got around to finishing my French homework, or hanging out with Vera, both of which I planned to acclompish, but oh well. Next week, mayhaps?

    Me too, but I have nothing to shop for :( I've been shopping every day this weekend (Friday-mall, Saturday-Kohls and Target, Sundat-mall) and I never found anything I liked except for a dress and earrings for the Bat Mitzvahs, plus I'm all shopped out.

    Yummy! What kind of cake?

    SO DO I. The old dude looks funny.

    Clatedge-oh, the possibilities. A tool used in colonial times to safely transport butter from your window to the street. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really have a group in high school either. I was with the three other "in" people for a couple of months but didn't really enjoy the talk of just boys, blah blah blah, so I just sat off in a corner during lunch and read novels. I was awesome. lol.

    ReplyDelete