July 05, 2009

Dinosaurs say "RAWR!"

My fourth of July was hardly special. As I tried to doze into dreamland last night a little after midnight, some teenagers across the street decided to launch really loud fireworks. No, they are not the most considerate folk. One of my brothers and mom went to a local park for a picnic briefly at lunch time and returned with genuine American cuisine: hotdogs, hamburgers and potato chips. Unlike years past, there was no enthusiam to travel to another park to see fireworks later so we flat-out didn't. My life and life generally will go on.



I made this for my friend Kai. I asked her if she had an idea for a drawing I could do for her. She's infatuated with dinosaurs, thus obviously picked that and specified it should be saying "rawr" and taking a bite out of her name. [The latter I didn't execute as well as I wanted, but oh well.] Then I was inspired to split the whole picture into fourths, making each a postcard. I'd send the dino-postcards at different times and then she'll be able to assemble the drawing like a puzzle. It is not the best free-hand drawing I've done, yet I am excited to know how Kai will like it. I believe the unique concept gives it an edge. :]

5 comments:

  1. Yes, totally! The post card idea is awesome and fun! Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your fourth had good foodage : ) My neighborhood was filled with the sounds of amateur firework techs as well. I just kept thinking "don't let one light my lawn on fire or something." Everytime I would almost fall asleep one would go off and I would jerk back to being incredibly alert. bah!

    I love your drawing! My friend drew me a dinosaur two years ago and I still have it! That just shows you how important dinosaur art work is. I'm sure your friend will jump and give you a big hug then hang in a place of honor upon her bedroom wall. The postcard idea is quite ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way, it's rad. believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog...
    let's follow each other's blog, i'll be really appreciate that..

    www.gd-dujour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 4th of July wasn't very exciting either. We were driving home from a little trip, so I spent the evening on the freeway. I saw a lot of fireworks that way, though.

    ReplyDelete