July 07, 2009

Vintage love.

I've been re-organizing my closet and came across this dress that I wore for a sixth grade play. It was my grandmother's at one point during the 40's, making it a great custume to wear for the historical period of the play, WWII. Then, the dress came down to my ankles and I nearly tripped over it. Plus my figure was not nearly as flattering as it is when I put it on, now. I took a few pictures and had fun editing them each differently.





The purse over my shoulder is another more-or-less inherited item from my mother/grandmother. I thought it matched the dress well. And the belt came with the dress.

5 comments:

  1. That's cool! I love inherited things and hand-me-downs (my wardrobe thrives of hand-me -downs, actually).

    My grandmother has this really awesome old radio kind of thing from the 70s, and it works great. She says she'll give it to me.

    I was looking through my mom's old photographs, and I wish she'd had kept the clothes she was wearing in the photos. There's one in which she has on a muti-colored hat. It's so hip and cool! :D

    Lovely photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I stepped back in time! Woah! You look like a picturesque war era beauty.

    I am digging the lighting, fence, belt, dress, everything! These photos are lovely.

    This makes me want to go to Minnesota and dig through my grandmother's things and see what treasures I could find. This is weird but my grandma had this long rainbow night dress (she loves rainbows. everyone always thinks she is an elderly lesbian.) and when I was younger I was obsessed with it. I would steal it and frolick around the house pretending I was a sky dancer (remember those toys?)

    Anyways, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really nice on you. It's so cool that it's your grandmother's! I actually just inherited a plaid jacket from my great-grandmother that I suppose I ought to wear one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is awesome! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really cool that that was your grandmother's! and I love how you include the fact that it used to come to your ankles, so cute!

    By the way, I tagged you (:

    ReplyDelete