February 15, 2010

I swear my heart will burst.

This is Fred the fishy. I etched him out of glass.
I took him outside to get a picture with better lighting when I thought of having the sky reflected in it. Cool, no?
I also drew this out of oil pastels on Friday night. For a freehand drawing in an hour, it's not all that bad.
I finally saw Sherlock Holmes! It was awesome. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are brilliant actors. The fact that they are both -- in their own ways -- ridiculously hot is just icing on the cake. On a somewhat related note, I wish Gerard Butler hadn't signed on to do The Bounty Hunter. It feels like another version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith except twisted a little and worse. But that might just be me, and it doesn't really matter if he does a bad movie or two.

Oh, I almost forgot. I hope everyone had a superb Valentine's Day or at least it didn't completely stink and now Happy President's Day! BEST HOLIDAY EVER!

6 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of that movie. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Sherlock Holmes. I found it so hilarious although the plot was a little muddied for awhile but then it made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, you're artwork is so cool! I wish I had more of an artsy hand.

    I have not yet seen Sherlock Holmes, and it has been long overdue. I also want to see Shutter Island--unusual, because I'm not one to see scary movies like that, but this one looks good... Probably because it's the ever reliable Martin Scorsese!

    Hope you had a great President's Day off, and are having an even greater week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fish thing with the sky reflected off of it! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. etching out of glass sounds like fun, that's the one medium i haven't gotten a taste of (how i wish there was room for stained glass in my schedule next year!) Sherlock Holmes was a most excellent movie. Robert Downey Jr+ Jude Law= yum.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really really like your drawing.

    yes, Sherlock Holmes was indeed awesome. it took awhile to get going. but the film left me satisfied. i'm excited for the sequel.

    i'm not a big fan of gerald butler. i dunno. but i do want to see the bounty hunter. :D

    ReplyDelete