July 01, 2010

Beware, I rant today.

I've been sleeping at odd hours and I don't really mind. The only consequence is I have an even harder time distinguishing the days.

I went and saw the midnight showing of The Last Airbender with my best friend last night, er, this morning. Let me put my honest opinion out there of it. The movie is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Sitting there for the first few minutes, I thought, "oh, maybe this won't be as bad as I thought." Then Katara talked and immediately it went downhill. They can't even pronounce the most important name, Aang, right! It takes itself too seriously. There's horrendous acting. The characters aren't really characters, they just pick random times to talk about the story or back story awkwardly. The battle scenes are probably the only marginally cool thing and its only redeeming quality, but by that part of the movie you're ticked you've had to wait an hour in pure agony for anything good. My brother was just about ready to walk out of the theater.

If you loved the cartoon, you're going to be sorely disappointed. But even if you've never seen the Nickelodeon version, I think you are going to dislike the movie. The trailer I saw for a movie with talking owls looks better for goodness sakes!

So I spent $13 to see it at midnight in 3D and there was NOTHING IN 3D! How dare they! It's really not even worth the matinee price for the non-3D version. Instead, invest in the show's DVDs.

I'm off to babysit.

9 comments:

  1. OH NO..& I so wanted to see that, but I've been so let down by that director in the past. I was let down with Eclipse, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What....but I'm seeing it tonight! D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh noes! one of the best things about the nickelodeon series was the humorous side of it all. they joked about everything, it wasn't at all a serious show. so to turn something so awesomely ridiculous into something so drawlingly serious i thought would become a disaster, and apparently it did. i haven't seen it yet--i think i want to experience the terror for myself... but that's just so sad. and i wasn't really looking forward to it being directed by m night shayamalan either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing is that the talking owl movie looks horrible too :/ Didn't think that airbender movie looked any good anyways. Sorry about that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooooooo!!!!

    I loved the series so much! Curse you M. Night and your knack for making less than awesome movies (aside from the 6th sense).

    And I totally get what you mean about losing track of the schedule. I rarely know what day it is anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never watched the cartoon show, but that stinks about the movie not doing it justice :P I actually read some of the books that the owl movie is based of off, hahaha. In like fourth grade or something though, so I remember absolutely nothing about them whatsoever...

    ReplyDelete
  7. '3D' can be quite frustrating! You pay more than a normal movie and barely see the difference!

    PS: love your new header

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foosh, me too.
    You know, I'm pretty sure everyone on the internet writes =_=

    Meh, it's gotten better. And now I save like every ten minutes...so I don't lose like eight days of play....woosh.

    Nah, we decided not to see it; the theatre was too crowded. But damn, I love the show. I wish it had like...eight seasons...or something...instead of three. Three was just not enough of it's awesomeness.

    By the way, I've read those books with the owls...completely and utterly terrible. Some of the worst books I've ever read. And I actually got to like the fifth book before I realized that. Dude, seriously, everything that happened in books 2-5 could be in one book. Completely boring and corny and it takes itself way too seriously. And the writing is terrible. Completely terrible.

    ReplyDelete