July 31, 2010

I just accidentally posted this on mix tape.

That hiatus I took was even shorter than I imagined it would be. The days went by too fast. I have not accomplished all that I dreamed I would at this point. Oh, well. It's summer and I'm lazy. At least my desk is more or less clean! That is if you discount all the various art supplies strewn atop it.

I got back from my friend Regina's birthday party/sleepover an hour or so ago. We had watched Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Hercules and The Emperor's New Groove (while snacking on delicious, homemade rice krispy treats of course) as part of pseudo-movie marathon last night. We played a pretty fun game of Apples to Apples, too. I was not tired at all, and thus stayed up until about 5 am, talking and laughing with three other girls who had the same problem going to bed. It was great. The waffles, bacon and orange juice for breakfast were heavenly.
I made this Mockingjay pin for Regina because she loves that The Hunger Games books and I wasn't sure what else to get her besides dollar bills that I creatively packaged and then hid about her room. She loved both.

Now I want to make a pin for myself, or for other people, like Scarlett, who has recently fallen in love with the trilogy. Anyone else interested?

I will catch up with everyone's blog posts soon. I missed everyone, even though I was only gone for, what, five days?

P.S. I'm watching season one of Heroes on DVD. So, so good. Apparently season two is crap, though. Is that true?

7 comments:

  1. That trilogy is freaking AMAZING. It's a cool idea to make pins, haha.

    I am eating kiwi. I am allergic to kiwi.

    The last two seasons are crap. Seasons 5 and 6, I think. That's why the cancelled it >.< Gah.

    Anyway...GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i saw the double post on the blog update stream. funnn.

    did you change the mix tape format to one entry rather than four or five, or is it just acting funny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read The Hunger Games! I went to Barnes & Noble armed with my many gift cards, but entirely forgot that was on my list. Next time.

    The birthday party sounds like a fun time :) Delicious food always helps with that, haha. But ah, the pin you made looks so great! What a good idea.

    Yeah, Heroes kind of goes downhill after a while unfortunately :/ I really enjoyed it at first but then I guess I just lost interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. re: ohhh i just remembered! that # of posts thing happened to me once before on my own blog when i deleted one... it'll probably go back to normal once the next entry is posted. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read The Hunger Games even though it's been on my reading list for quite some time.

    Regardless, that pin looks pretty nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the hunger games recently and I LOVED it! Such a cool idea to make a pin (it worked out pretty well too).

    Haha, talking till 5am on birthdaysleepover sounds familiar to me :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hunger Games rock. I'm thrilled for Mockingjay.
    The pin is sweetawesome, as you would say. Your friend is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete