January 30, 2011

I want to be well.

This past week has been great.

I got to wish a happy birthday to both my brother and my mom. I feel my body tightening as I get back into shape. I am completing all the school work I must do in a timely manner. (Yeah, it's unreal. Does this mean I'm growing up?) I've talked extensively to the one person I always love talking to. I got to see and take pictures of my school's student directed production of Doubt: A Parable, fo' free. (It was fantastic.) I finished reading It's Kind of a Funny Story, which has been on my to-read list for a while. I have also continued to read The Great Gatsby and enjoy it tremendously. (Well, for me it's more so Fitzgerald's writing style than the story.) My mom and I completed season four of Ugly Betty on DVD and we're all caught up with our other shows. (i.e. Royal Pains, The Mentalist, and Top Chef: All-Stars) I personally still have Community to watch, but I think I should save it when I'm in a crappy mood and need an injection of awesomeness.

I appreciate all the congratulations I got on my making varsity tennis. Matches start February 8th and I can hardly wait.

If you're looking for some good music, I recommend this and this.

That is all.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well, dear. Love Radiohead and Sufjan, oh so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are moving along rather splendidly, m'dear! :D Kind of emerging from that winter slump sorta feeling and getting back into things, I guess? And ah, did you enjoy It's Kind of a Funny Story? Love that book. Haven't seen the movie though, and don't really want to... I feel like they ruined it just from the trailer. Blergh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those songs and books! Great Gatsby was really well written. When you get the chance catch up on Community because this season just keeps getting better! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bunch of things you did there. Love the books and the songs.X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good!

    I loved It's Kind Of A Funny Story. It was a nice break from all the really serious stuff I've been reading lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove Sufjan! Vesuvius from the same album is one of my favorites!

    Hooray for getting in shape! I'm going to take up running soon... Who knows if I'll actually stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being productive! its always nice to get things done and still have time to do the things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, lovely :) Oooh, I've always liked Ugly Betty.. and although I won't spoil the ending, I just never liked the ending.. hmm.. maybe it's just me. Glad to have found your blog; new follower here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you accomplished a lot of things in the past week. Ugly Betty is just so adorable? I've been hooked since it came out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you are wonderful! Sufjan and Radiohead <3 <3 And The Great Gatsby is beautifully written - Fitzgerald is an incredible author.
    Congratulations, for not only making it into varsity tennis, but how wonderful this week has been for you, and for having a wonderful Heart. xxx

    ReplyDelete