January 01, 2011

It's a new year.

I faked the time stamp on my last entry to look like I wrote it at 11:00 at night when in reality, it was 2 am and I may or may not have been a zombie.

Tonight is no different, though, I suppose I have an excuse: I watched the ball drop in NYC on NBC, but it was NBD*. As much as I secretly yearned to be at some wild party amidst friends and acquaintances, not going meant I would not have to suffer the humility of being denied a new year kiss. And I wouldn't want by some trick of fate to be stuck lip-locking with some random guy. I want my first kiss to be better than that.

In other news, I got my hair cut and dyed a darker brown. This is closer to my natural hair color and I don't miss the highlights of blond. I'd been getting them put in since I was in 7th grade; it was time for a change.
In addition**, I received a lovely package from Aren recently. She's the best. If you're reading this dear, know that my package will be on its way soon. Unfortunately it won't be immediate since I decided to go ahead and make a few more mix CDs. I hope you don't mind.

For this entry, I wanted to try to be nostalgic like I was last year around this time, but remembering things is a lot of work. I also wanted to try to be prospective and tell you what I expect this new year, but that would require a lot of work, too.

Thus, all I can truly say is: Bring it, 2011.

*I like acronyms. Can you tell?
**I feel like I'm writing a five paragraph essay.

10 comments:

  1. I got invited to two of my friends houses for new years but I opted to just stay home cause I was really tired from spending all day traveling. It was pretty low key and I didn't even watch the ball drop or whatever, haha. It feels like it's still 2010...

    I woke up at 5 AM cause I was really thirsty and for some reason decided to check blogger....

    But hey, I like your hair. And your bow. It's quite adorable, really. :)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year!!
    I love your haircut and the color. Headbands and I don't get along. They never want to stay on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haircut and happy new year! Hopefully you won't be as tired when school starts up again (I am dreading that day).

    I must say that is the best way to spend new years because honestly who really wants to be up that late partying when you can be at home in your pjs watching the ball drop. No one should be exhausted in the new year.

    Have any good resolutions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the same predicament when it cam to new year partying, but oh well, I had fun with my family.

    As for your hair, it looks very nice :)

    * I actually got a word for my verification this time! It's "messes"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year !
    I wish this year will be the happiest
    and best for you.
    Have a great 2011 !

    Tom, Japan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stayed at home too, I never go out. I like spending new years at home with my family.
    Love your hair by the way. Changing up your hair colour is always a fun thing.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    Aren sends great packages :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!
    I also look forward to reading about how your 2011 is going (:

    You're such a sweetheart, you deserve the best first kiss a girl can get. And besides, going to partys really isnt all that its cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So apparently I did not comment on this post immediately. Tsk tsk, past-self! Tsk tsk!

    So Happy New Year and stuff. Even thought that was four days ago. And stuff.

    Oh, it's not the sentence structure. It's that I cut in the middle of their conversation to describe the cliff they were sitting on. Because apparently, knowing where they are is a BAD thing. Haha, but thanks anyway.

    :D

    ReplyDelete