January 01, 2012

So this is the new year.

If having lived through 2011 has taught me anything, it's that plans inevitably never work out they way you envision them. Sometimes they turn out for the better, but sometimes, as in the case of last night, things turn out worse than imagined.

I didn't complete my 2011 Reading Challenge. Ultimately, I came up two short of my goal. I am the only one to blame for this. I've set up my new 2012 Reading Challenge for the same, seemingly lofty number of 50, yet I'm hoping I can be inspired by how close I came the year before.

Sparkler pictures with friends was a bust. Not only could just two of my friends show up, we essentially had a few measly glow sticks that emitted little to no light. We had to resort to mini flashlights instead. Since I had never done it before, I called it an experiment, and we agreed to try again in the future.
I was the youngest at the party I went to and thus didn't say/do much. We played Apples to Apples and Rockband, in which I was of course included, yet I was hyper aware of my age. The topics of roommates, getting drunk and drunk roommates are nothing I can add to, and that slowly annoyed me. Every time I did open my mouth to talk, I felt like I sounded stupid and was judged. I realize no one probably did this intentionally, it's just what happens. C'est la vie.
Fortunately, I can let those bad moments stay in the past. Let them be forgotten in favor of better memories. Cease to dwell on the negative, focus on the positive.

I am extremely excited for the things to come in 2012.

I hope you are, too.

6 comments:

  1. From the time I was 15 I had always been the younger one at parties. Luckily I always managed to divert the conversation to other things.

    On a funny side note, these frat guys gave me the nickname "fortune cookie" and anytime the would see me they would ask me to give them a fortune... It's a longer story than that.

    Good luck on your new reading challenge! Also, I LOVE your new banner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww well I still love the pictures and hopefully another time you can do them again because I love looking at them! And hey, even if you were the youngest one at the party, just think about when you're the young one having fun and everyone else will be all old and serious! Okay maybe that won't happen but still...happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the photos! they are wonderful! i always want to give them a try. it looks so much fun.
    happy new year lizzie!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie,
    Nice to meet you too, I have looked at you 365 and it is awesome i love your photos. I am hoping that as the days go on I will get in the swing and find it easier to think of photo to take.
    Look forward to getting to know you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your 2012 challenge and I wish you a happy New Year. And oh, the pictures are actually pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think the pictures turned out cool, even though it wasn't totally what you'd planned. Yeah, I guess that's a perk of having best friends that are either the same age or younger, and also that are like me and don't do any scandalous things, haha.

    Good luck on your 2012 reading challenge! You were so close, so I'm sure you can do it. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete