December 28, 2011

2011: The world hasn't ended yet.

I never understood why they never made a prequel to 2012. If they ever did, I think this post title would be the perfect title for it. Filmmakers of Hollywood, take note.

Besides telling myself I should be reading Mansfield Park -- which is highly strenuous in and of itself, I assure you -- I've had a relaxing few days.

Most notably I've been shopping various post-Christmas sales for winter clothes I'll need in Minnesota. Though picking out cute sweaters may be fun now, I fear once I am wearing them constantly I will miss t-shirt and shorts. Oh wow, you know what I realize? Despite living in Florida my whole life, I don't own a single pair of flip-flops. Sandals, sure, but no flip flops. I will take this as a sign I was made for braving colder climates*.

I've also, in no particular order, eaten stuffing, played Jeopardy! for Wii, watched a ton of YouTube videos, read, lost in Bananagrams and slept. That last one may seem mundane, yet is always ten times more glorious during the holidays. I think you'd agree.

Lastly, I've been trying to push myself to make more creative content. Since I have the time now, I am planning photoshoots and videos in hopes I can produce some awesome stuff before I have to slave away on papers and scholarship essays and yucky tasks like that. Yucky, I say.

The most recent product of this is a video response to Lauren about things from 2011. If you want, I highly recommend creating a video response of your own or at least taking these 20 questions and answering them in a post. Either way, here's mine:



*The things I tell myself sometimes...

Whatcha got planned for New Years?

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely video idea! I'll definitely do one for my next post! Happy New Years! Oh and such great responses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make a video of myself. Probably just answer the questions later, though ^.^

    Last week, I randomly said in class, "The world ends in a year!", and no one really responded :/

    Cold weather is nice when you're not outside. If you're outside and not sufficiently covered, it's basically the worst thing ever. Today I wore four layers--undershirt, sweater, sweatshirt, and jacket; and I wore tights under my jeans. It was still cold, and this is New Jersey!
    ...that was a bit of a tangent.

    I wish I was going to a New Year's Party :( Probably just hole up inside and watch the ball drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Yay video! I'll have to make time to do it soon!

    I really liked all of your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the video! I did something similar in text form last year, and will do yours tomorrow if I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so...impressive! i didn't know what word to use, but i think that is the best one right now. anyways, i loved the video. you speak very well. i don't even know what i mean by that, but you just do. happy new year lizzie : )

    ReplyDelete