December 19, 2012

Now my life is sweet like cinnamon.

If I'm honest, I miss college.  I miss Minnesota.  I miss my new friends.  And I've only been home in Florida without those awesome people for five days.  How will I survive until January 27th?

Since being home, I saw a few friends.  Regina informed me about her college experiences and I relayed mine, including my crazy story from a night in downtown Minneapolis that I never posted to the internet but might make it into my memoir someday.  (Which reminds me, I still need to read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.)  Regina said she's going to Puerto Rico during spring break and I am mighty jealous.  I don't even know if I'll be coming home.  Plane tickets are expensive.

Simaya, Brianna and I went to Goodwill on Monday.  I bought a copy of The Sims for $5.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to load it.  Might have to recruit my brother to figure it out.  Also, my MacBook suffered a slight dent after it got knocked off the table (albeit in its case) in airport security.  I suppose it has character now and is otherwise fully functional...except I definitely want it fixed. #firstworldproblems

I haven't done a whole lot this break so far.  I have been wrapping presents and putting up Christmas lights, though.  I'm also debating about getting Netflix so I can watch lots and lots of movies.  Ideally, I'd learn to knit.

But for now I'm off to the dentist to deal with a problem I've had since August.

Good luck to anyone with remaining finals and Happy Holidays to all!

Days until the new year: 13

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing well! And do learn to knit! It's so fun and satisfying (as weird as that may sound)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for first semester of college being done! Hope everything went well, and it seems like you had a lot of fun.
    I understand the difficulties regarding cost of traveling. Maybe try and find a friend to go with, or an adventure to go on! That's what I did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a super long winter break! It'll be hard to be apart from friends we just made but we'll be back before we know it. Enjoy your time at home! Read Let's Pretend This Never Happened. Watch Netflix. Enjoy time off. :)

    ReplyDelete