June 14, 2013

Disposable camera woes.

A few years ago I bought an altered film camera.  Of course, it was only this past school year before I actually used it...and even longer before I got it developed.  

Two weeks ago, I went to the nearby Walgreens to drop off my used camera only to learn they don't develop film anymore.  They directed me to another (thankfully) close Walgreens that still does it.  My friend Andy was kind enough to drive me there before and after our downtown excursion.  We both got excited to see the results.

We shouldn't have gotten excited.  Fast forward an hour or so and we're back to claim and pay for my photos.  The clerk, however, tells us the machine has broken and they have no idea when it will be fixed. I am a little ticked, but what can I do?  They will call me when it's done.

Then I realize I don't have my debit card.  My cash-on-hand dwindling, even if I wanted to pay for my photos, I know I can't thanks to the inflated price (at least $12).  So I waited another five days to get my new debit card.  AND WALGREENS STILL HADN'T CALLED.

Finally early last week they called home to say they were ready.  Well, I wasn't ready anymore.  I had to work all day.  It would have to wait until I could bike there.  

When I look at them over dinner, I realize quite a few were ill developed.  And lo and behold, my debit card was tucked inside the carton.  Except that card is entirely unusable and cost me significant anguish.

So after that terribly long and exhausting effort, here are some of the best shots.

What are your thoughts on disposable cameras?  Are they even worth it anymore?

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so the camera automatically adds the borders are such on it? That's a neat idea! That's frustrating that it took so much effort to finally get them, but I feel like it can be worth it at least some of the time when you're going for ~that kind of vibe~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't dealt with disposable cameras in forever... I need to buy a new digital one, but that's beside the point.

    I like the nostalgia factor they have, but I'm such an impatient person--- It bugs me to not be able to look at my photos instantly.

    ReplyDelete