June 21, 2014

It's a small world after all.

I am officially convinced that the world is not as vast as society typically paints it out to be.  It has to be.  Otherwise explain to me why my good friend from middle school, Zack, and a classmate from my college, ended up working the same summer job in San Francisco.  Mind blown.  Faith shifted.

I'd be lying if I didn't say my past week has been exhausting.  Fortunately, one can often find solace in the little things.  This morning at my office job in the library I felt very zen.  I realized that the majority of my mornings in 2014 had started in the college's library.  Then I thought, "Dang.  I must love it that much."  And I do.  Even the basement with its flickering light above a certain computer I have vowed never to use for that reason--the flicker is too distracting.

My exhaustion may be linked to when I watched Before Sunrise (1995) last night.  Devastingly good.  I teared up, of course.  I was glad I had also rented the sequel, Before Sunset (2005), because I watched it immediately, hungry to see how the story continued.  I swear an hour and a half movie never felt so short.  The characters are so charming and incredibly human.  I am planning to rent the third movie in the trilogy from the library soon.  After watching those films and reading this collaborate blog, 40 days of dating, chronically an experiment two NYC designer friends underwent in dating (read the 'about' page first), I am emotionally spent.

Watch out, no real segue here...

I wonder if my friends and I will plan a barbecue for the 4th of July.  We already have one successful potluck under our belts.  Here's the photographic evidence:

Mmm, check out that strawberry nectarine crumble.

Tomorrow, er, today, the majority of classmates around the Cities this summer are having a picnic at a nearby lake.  At the beginning of the week, I was stoked to go.  However, my mindset and health have changed drastically since Monday.  I shall remain in bed to rest until this cold is over.

Currently taking any song or movie recommendations to take my mind off feeling miserable!

I hope everyone is having a fun summer.  The common theme I've been seeing, though, is mostly surrounding adulthood?  Yeah, that's only mildly terrifying.

3 comments:

  1. The nectarine crumble thing sounds delicious!

    Yeah, the world really is smaller than we make it out to be... one of my friends from high school is doing an internship in NYC in the same group as someone that just graduated Vassar who was the president of the running club I'm in which I found really funny.

    The 40 days of dating thing sounds interesting so I shall definitely check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me send you a CD! (And it took me like a year to send Nicola a package so I'm not judging you yet.)

    Yeah it's crazy how things like that really redefine the scope of how we see our world. I'm sure you've heard about the 5 degrees of separation theory, right? I totally believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send you a CD, too!!!!

    I didn't like the third installment in the trilogy. I thought it was negative for negativity's sake, and I'm generally a pessimistic person.

    Also, that 30-Days of Dating thing is AMAZING! I read it a few months ago (it's surprisingly long?) and was so bummed they didn't work out. I always want them to work out.

    ReplyDelete