June 03, 2014

Onto the next one.

(I apologize if this post is all over the place.  That's my  mind  life right now, for ya.)

Why hello there.  I am currently seated at my summer house's dining room table.  As devastated as I was to lose the house I had planned to live in, this alternative has proven quite great -- dare I say better.  Several of my friends have come over and agree, so this isn't just my gooey-honeymoon-eyed biased opinion.  All the real credit -- and gratitude -- goes to my friend Jenni who offered this subletting option to me after everything feel through.  She, Miya and their three other friends picked a fantastic spot for the next two years.  I shall have to come over plenty when I am back in the spring.

The phrase "back in the spring" fills my vocabulary lately as I begin planning for my semester abroad in Scotland.  Even writing those words seems more like a dream than my not-too-distant reality.  Okay. I'm going to stop talking about it.  Can't psych myself out too much.

Settling into life here again has been surprisingly fun.  Granted I love getting the chance to redecorate a new space, probably more than most folks.  What can I say?  I like making spaces my own.  Pictures to come when I'm done.

Most of the fun and belly laughs have come from my housemate Liz (not confusing at all).  She and I have spent quite a bit of time together these past few coordinating this and that.  On Sunday her boyfriend Declan was kind enough to drive us to IKEA (plus Target…and the grocery store).  I had the hardest time navigating IKEA and ended up buying nothing save for some Swedish meatballs for dinner.

All of this unpacking and unloading almost makes me forget the time I spent home, then in Providence, Rhode Island for my brother's graduation from Brown and home again.  Blah, blah, blah, yes, Emma Watson was there at the graduation.  No, I did not meet her.  Brown did not make as big a deal out of it as the presses did.  Besides, I was focused on my brother and how proud I was of him.  Look at this (teary-eyed) graduate!  Everyone comments on how we look so much alike.  Genes: magical things.


I will keep the majority of my thoughts about the trip to my journal.  Basically I was stunned four years had already passed.  And by the end of it, I have come to realize sometimes it is better to accept the messiness of life.  

Take care, folks.

P.S.  I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past.  Would definitely recommend.

3 comments:

  1. Eeeee!Edinburgh! I'm so excited for you! Congrats to your brother!

    I don't blame you for not getting anything but meatballs at IKEA. You walk in, and everything looks so cool and modern, but then up close you're like damn, they aren't very good quality, are they. Cheap for a reason... Can't wait to see those pictures of your space! Decorating is so much fun. I can't wait til I have my own home and I can decorate every room however way I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your housing situation got worked out! And EEE STUDY ABROAD. Cool things are happening in your life. Also, congrats to your brother! ZOMG DID HE KNOW EMMA WATSON LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations on getting to study in Scotland! That's so exciting, and you're so very lucky to be able to stay in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
    Aaaahhh, I saw X-Men, it was so intense!!!
    ps: It's always interesting to find resemblances among siblings. My siblings and I, however, look nothing alike. Hrm.
    (pps: I know, it's been ages since I've been around. Glad everything's going great for you!)

    ReplyDelete