August 28, 2009

I've had an odd day.

I have a stuffy nose and I'm hoping it's due to plain 'ol allergies and not a darn cold. I have a good fear it's the latter. Blegh. I dislike being sick with a burning passion. Granted, I'm not sure I know anyone who enjoys it, putting aside the fact they might be able to stay home from school and evade whatever dangers there. I swear I'm going to have to invent a machine that automatically blows my nose for me. Wow, don't I sound very lazy. Ah, whatever. It's spot-on and true.

I'm re-reading the book, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, for duel purposes. One, it is the first book our book club plans to discuss in two weeks time, and two, the sequel to it comes out on September 1st. I have it pre-ordered and everything. I seriously recommend going and checking it out of the library sometime in the near future. It is futuristic fiction, a 16-year-old female is the protagonist, there's a love interest and it's well-written.

I wish I could fast-forward time ahead enough to Wednesday so I could be done with an art project. I'm just dying to show you all! In the meantime, though, feast your eyes on this, a new art project:
A Starburst edible necklace! I was inspired by my friend, Patricia, who thought this necklace
that I already own, was really Starbursts assembled on a string. I know these two versions look pretty different at the moment, but I should probably keep the Starbursts packaged as much as possible until I'm certainly ready to eat them. Still, I thought it was a neat idea.

I went to the library yesterday to return a book that was overdue on my card, even though my mom had all the intentions of reading the book, not I. While we were there it was hard to resist not getting anything else, so we passed by the travel section and I picked out a book about Glasgow and Edinburgh. I also perused the CD section and walking away with the Atonement Soundtrack--it's already on my ipod I love it so much-- Less Than Jake's album, Anthem, Jack Johnson Sleep Through The Static, a random Paul Simon and the Broadway Original Recording Soundtrack of The Fiddler On the Roof.

YouTube videos take forever to upload and it's ticking me off. *Shouts at laptop*

8 comments:

  1. interesting idea, kind of like a more grown up cheerio necklace.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, neato! I have to say I do love those cups. Sorry to hear about your cold (or allergies); hope it clears up soon. And I like your Starburst necklace idea! It's very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art projects are always fun especially when you can picture the end result. As of late, I've been feeling artsy as well. I've been messing around with Pixelmator (Mac's super awesomer version of Paint). I feel like enrolling in some art classes again. Hmm. I'll dwell on it to make sure it's not a phase. I have plenty of those (:
    Yes, you should probably package those starbucks so they can be well preserved for when you're ready to eat them (: The necklace looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, I dont like missing school because Im sick. I just spend the entire day thinking about all the work Im going to have to make up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)

    That comic made me happy.

    Heheh, thanks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what color, actually. Have you ever dyed or added highlights to your hair. If yes, what color and were you happy with the results? I'm so nervous to do any of the sort to mine; I find it life changing. See, I over exaggerate.

    Thank you very much. If one day you're in the mood for a new header, I'll gladly make you one, if you would like of course. (I'll let you know once I've bought Pixelmator). (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful necklaces :)

    by the way, i've tagged you on my profile, as i really enjoy reading your blog. Your a daily read.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYGOD IT WAS IN BARNES AND NOBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

    GOD IT WAS SUCH A GOOD BOOK!

    WHEN DOES THE THIRD COME OUT?

    ReplyDelete