August 31, 2009

I accept.

Today at school the entire student body attended a presentation based on, "Rachel's Challenge." You may have heard of it. Rachel Scott was the first person shot and killed at Columbine High School in 1999. She had a premonition she was going to die young, but that'd she still have a profound impact on the world. After she died, her father and family started a program to teach others what she believed in and to carry on a chain reaction of compassion and kindness. Her message is meaningful, emotional and if it hasn't already reached your ears and invaded your mind, I heartily encourage you to visit http://www.rachelschallenge.org to learn more.

I feel guilty, now, for all the instances I could've said something to brighten someone's day and didn't. Or didn't even give being friends with someone I didn't know a chance for whatever reason. I understand it is difficult to eliminate all prejudice, but I am more than willing to try.

I don't want to write too much, although this has had an impact on me and I definitely want to put it in this, my online journal, and later in my private journal. There is a ton I'm feeling that I cannot easily express in words. I am also aware of the fact that neglecting my homework will not be positive...

Though for now, I have a question for all my readers and/or followers that I would really love if you'd please take a few minutes to answer.

What is your goal in life?

7 comments:

  1. To find peace with the world.

    Haha, not quite. To be someone important. To be happy without being bored. To be with someone I'm meant to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goal in life is to someway find a way to be completely happy with what i end up being/doing (career wise) even if it means probably not making the big bucks. i hope my parents will be happy with my lifestyle and not feel that they wasted a fortune on my education if i don't become a doctor. GAH, it's not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to check out the Rachael's Challenge. Thank you for sharing something that impacted you!

    My goal in life is to be happy with myself and to have a job that fulfills not just give me a paycheck. I also want to make a difference. It doesn't have to be large or world altering but just small differences everyday like being kind to a stranger or volunteering at a local outreach program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal in life is to be happy. Whatever I do, wherever I live, whomever I'm with, I just want to feel happy and feel like I've lived life to the fullest. I know I'm a little selfish, but I'm not the type that could change the world.

    I really love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed it us. I hate costing my parents money :(

    Gosh X( an entire year. That majorly bites. Can't wait....soooo can't wait...

    FINISH IT, WOMAN. It's, like, better than the first. Like wow. Incredible book. I would totally skip homework...but then, I'm not in school :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did?
    What a shame.

    What were we talking about?

    Heh. That sucks. I have five more days, though. :)

    I just love the fact that everyone seems to be starting school earlier than us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My school listened to that too, though ideally it should be because you want to brighten someones life, not because it's suddenly the "in" thing to do. It's not, but, you know.

    to point an arrow toward the sky..seriously, I have no idea. that's not nessesarily a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete