October 27, 2009

The sky could fall, fall on me.

found on fffound.com.

As an update to the pumpkin contest I mentioned last entry, I won! I am super excited because the prize wasn't just a pat on the back. Nope, it was a free yearbook when they arrive in the spring. Yearbooks cost a lot of money. I think for our school is runs around $60 to 70, which depending on the quality of your staff, may seem overpriced. That is to say I hope -- fingers crossed -- they do a good job. My friends Swanny and Elizabeth and involved and I think they are capable of helping produce something worth having.

Until I get files organized I'm computer, specifically my photos, I'm trying to not take any more. I'm paranoid that one day my lovely, wonderful laptop won't turn. That said, I'm going to feature whatever I find that intrigues me.

Today was aggravating and long. I, along with practically everyone else, waited in great anticipation for the Ares I rocket to launch from Kennedy Space Center and after several delays, never did. Ares I is the rocket, (think Saturn IV with Apollo...okay, that may not help!) that NASA hopes will be used to take us back to the moon, Mars, and perhaps even beyond. As you may or may not know, the Space Shuttle is going to be retired very soon. Some are pessimistic and think there won't be a replacement or that the Ares I won't work. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pumpkin success!
    Your yearbooks sounds really expensive. Mind you, the yearbooks we got were fairly cheap, £15, and there were all sorts of errors in them, like the same photo used twice, and some people missed out completely. And my brother's, who's had it maybe 2 years now, has fallen apart! So I bet the extra money is worth it (although I guess you don't have to worry about that now)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! Your Coraline them was obviously the best : ) You and your friends looked like you had a fantastic time at homecoming dancing the night away! Candyland? Epic theme!

    I hope that rocket works out. C'mon NASA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    I had to read your previous entry so I'd know what contest you were talking about. And my oh my, that pumpkin is beautiful. I love creative people.
    I've never been to a Homecoming. It doesn't exist in cities (i may be wrong).
    I saw the SNL episode hosted by Gerald Butler. It was oooookay. I'm not much of a fan of Butler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo congrats. in hs we never paid for them.. well we paid a student fee in the beginning of the year so i supposed we technically did pay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pumpkin contest! I hate how expensive yearbooks are, and usually they're not that good lol.

    ReplyDelete