June 29, 2011

Movies I want to see.

I've been compiling a list of movies I want to see. This is what I have so far:

1.) Transformers 3. While I will acknowledge that every movie in this franchise has gotten progressively worse, seeing these movies in the cinema with my best friend has become a tradition. And you don't mess with tradition. Or is that Texas?

2.) One Day. One word: Scotland. I'm not sure how I feel about Jane Hathaway's Scottish accent, but since I still re-watch Becoming Jane and don't seem to mind her English accent, to not see it for that reason would be highly hypocritical, right? Besides, a cute guy (I always want to call him Jude Law because he played a Jude in Across the Universe, but it is most definitely Jim Sturgess) in the male lead role. Now I really can't complain, can I?

3.) 50/50. Unlike the other two aforementioned movies, I'm not sure this has gotten any buzz. However, thanks to my creepy expert skills with using IMdB.com, I learned about this project almost a year ago when my man James McAvoy was cast to play the lead. Obviously if you watch the trailer, though, you'll realize someone else took his spot; and, like me, you may not be too upset.

4.) The Art of Getting By. I've probably watched this trailer more times than I care to admit, and thus am a little put off by it. That said, I'm less inclined to take a trip to the theater and would much rather enjoy it on DVD. I'm not trying to say it will be terrible, I just think my money could be better spent.

5.) Beginners. If we can forget about Aaron Carter, Ewan McGregor was my first celebrity crush. (Obi-Wan Kenobi, ftw!) I think this movie looks well-made, has beautiful cinematography, and contains a sentimental story. In other words, it's not another Adam Sandler movie or any other unoriginal Hollywood "summer movie."

6.) Drive. I stumbled across the trailer for this and decided it would probably be a good thriller. Ryan Gosling probably gives a believable performance and yeah. I don't have any other preconceived notions. Really, I don't.

7.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two. Oh my god; I originally forgot to include this until Strawberry mentioned it! Probably because in my mind it's not just a movie, it is an international event. Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while knows I'm not a huge fan, but I appreciate the well-deserved craze surrounding these brilliant books and movies. On top of that, my friends will undoubtedly ask me to go and I'd be crazy to say no.

I'm curious, what movies do you want to see?

9 comments:

  1. I'm not really a movie person, so I'll probably just see the must-sees: Harry Potter, and that's about it. This seems like a pretty good list, though.

    My word verification is 'leader' :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES for one day and 50/50. :)
    i think i am really looking forward to harry potter, fright night, whats your number?, and the art of getting by <3<3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could be a help :)
    BAHAHA NUMBER SEVEN.

    Yes, tennis! I'll never try out for the team or anything, unless I magically become athletic one day, but it's still such a fun sport. And you have all sorts of fun with tennis :D

    I don't know, I think I like Fire better because I can connect to the main character better. Both books are fantastic, though. It made me sad when Fire couldn't have kids anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. HARRY POTTERRRRRRRRRR. AJOSIFJAIOGHUFGDFKJGDF.

    And the Art of Getting By One looks good, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I'm hoping to catch a few indie flicks as well.

    p.s. my captcha was "flyin
    "--- Just thought you would like to know that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50/50 and ONE DAY, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    You're just really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment! We swam in the afternoon and the pictures on which we are wearing sweaters and cardigans are taken in the evening. So no, the water wasn't freezing cold :)

    I have a list of movies I'd like to see too! On there now are 'Limitless', 'The Notebook', 'Unknown' and 'Donnie Darko' :)
    I like your movielist by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WHAT A BEAUTY I LIKE YOURS CHOICE THANK YOU
    VERY MUCH FOR NICE BLOG. TAKE CARE,BEST WISHES.

    SEE MY WORLDS BEST COOL PHOTOS BANK!

    NOW COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST PHOTOS
    IN ONE PLACE.

    I am interested to link exchange if you agree then visit my blog

    NOW VISIT ALL MY BLOG AND ENJOY

    COOL PHOTOS BANK


    WORLD'S BEST PHOTOS


    NATURE OF GOD


    WILDLIFE PHOTOS


    JAZZ OF LIFE


    HOT HOT DESI


    Virgine Desi

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shirt was a croppish thing with a large white tiger on it, haha. Apparently the proceeds go to the WWF! The dress is just a dress though, but yes, I like it too ^.^ I'm glad you approve!

    Aw, you can still buy school supplies for college! But it will still be different, somehow :( Well, school supplies are fun to buy no matter what year it is. Blah, you go to school so early!

    ReplyDelete