June 20, 2011

We watch things on VCRs.

My life is awesome.

Have you ever met someone and instantly became friends with them? Well, that's what happened with my friend Simaya and I. We exchanged fewer than 20 words before we followed each other on Tumblr, added each other on Facebook and said hi in the halls. We had never hung out outside the realm of school before so we went to the mall on Friday. Our conversation flowed effortlessly as we wandered around. I introduced her to John Green, insisting she read his novels. Two hours sped by and I was sad to say goodbye. Fortunately, that was only the first of our many adventures to come.

I documented my outfit of the day as well.
tank -- Target, cardigan -- Goodwill, skirt -- F21, shoes -- art teacher, necklace -- F21, rings -- F21, watch -- Kohl's.

Saturday morning I had tennis practice. I can feel my muscles tightening again after a few months of inactivity. Plus my serves are improving. I cannot complain.

Saturday afternoon I went to a matinee showing of Super 8 with my brother and a bunch of friends. If I had to classify them, they're my class of 2010 friends (no pun intended). Thanks to Academic Team and various other venues, I've grown to know them; so while they're still my brother's friends, I fit in just fine and I love that. The movie had its moments. It made me laugh a fair amount, the acting was good, but that doesn't mean I'd see it again. I'll be finishing a proper review of it on mix tape when I'm done writing this.

After the movie we goofed off in Books-A-Million. We looked at various board games and eventually settled into palm reading where hilarity ensued. I opted to just listening to what all the lines signified and photographing the event.
Afterwards we headed over to Moe's southwest grill. I ate these yummy vegetarian nachos as we engaged in amusing conversation.
I told everyone to smile so naturally 4/5 purposefully didn't.

Father's Day was relaxing. I spent most of the day completing a Nancy Drew computer game with my brother, 'cause I'm cool like that.

I hope everyone has a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Some friendships are just waiting to come into exisitence. I've had similar moments and it feels good to find a perfect friendship fit : ) Veggie nachos sound so good at the moment as I am rather hungry. You seem to have a great group of friends! I love that you hang out with your brother because my sister is one of my best friends and I think people should look to their family members more for friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the story of how you became friends. you look super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!

    And how cool. Friendships like that just rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. Those kinds of friendships, where everything is just so naturally flowing and effortless... are great. And Super 8 was so good! It looks like a blast with your friends and your adventures, hehe. And those nachos look good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your life IS awesome! Congratulations on having such an awesome life!

    I totally know what you mean about the friend thing, and that is awesome :D I guess hence your life being awesome, haha. Awesome. Awesome! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the beginning of a wonderful friendship. :) I love it when those kind of things happen. Also, your outfit is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE OUTFIT.

    I definitely agree with Kait; veggie nachos sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the birthday wishes :) I'm just finishing year 12 which is my AS levels so that would be the year you're starting in I guess :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and lovely outfit, your skirts really pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a ton of fun! I especially like the name of your post:) I must read your Super 8 review too! Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pssht, Floridian. I've never been to any of those places. Really, Great Adventure is the only amusement park worth going to in pretty much the entire state of New Jersey. It's kind of sad.

    I would've stayed too, but that would've meant hanging around the park for six hours, which no one really wanted to do. Oh well...maybe it will miraculously still be there the next time we go!

    Haha, thanks, that comment made me smile :) I like to think I've become a better writer, too, and it's nice to see that others agree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the skirt! (Ah, I need to wear skirts more often now that the weather is finally warm.) And yes, it's such a great feeling when you just immediately 'click' with someone! And sometimes a bit surprising too :)

    Glad to see things are going awesome for you! And congrats on the end of school (yay!)!!

    ReplyDelete