June 26, 2011

What you waiting for?

I think I'm fulfilling the prophecy I made: that summer 2011 will be what spring 2011 was not. What can I say? I love adventures.

This past Tuesday Emilia and I went bowling. Both she and I had coupons for two free games so that made the trip all the more worthwhile. After we bowled perfect 300s, (ha ha ha) we talked for a bit and decided that we need to go to the beach pronto. It's summer and I haven't been once. Sad face.

On Wednesday I met up with an old friend at Starbucks. We discussed how our lives had changed over the past three years and how our lives will continue to change. Kelly has a kindred soul and serves as a reminder that there are like-minded people in the world. I needn't feel so alone. She and I will probably have a photoshoot before the summer is over.

I've thought a great deal about investing in a DSLR camera. At the moment, though, many things are much more important, like studying for A Level Biology and applying to college. I may also sign up for a photography class at the community college before I spend the $600+ on something I may not understand fully how to use. Being able to sell some prints of photos I've already taken would be icing on the cake.

I've still been going to tennis practice in addition to everything else. I am usually the only girl and only senior there. Oh well, playing against the guys has its advantages. For instance, I'm learning how to be a more aggressive player. Don't worry, they said the beard I'm growing is just a side effect for all the testosterone coursing through my body.

I think that's it. Have a spectacular week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Occasionally I use my school's DSLR cameras, and if you don't have lessons on how to use them you can get lost with all the gadgets & gizmos and different lenses.

    HOWEVER, if you know how to use one you can end up taking some kick butt photos!

    So yeah, that's just my input.

    Hooray for adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having a great summer so far. :D Yeah, my friend has a DSLR, but she has no clue how to actually use it... my camera is like the step below a DSLR so it was nowhere near as expensive and nowhere near as complicated... but a DSLR would still be pretty cool, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves adventures! Unfortunately I'm never able to have any because all of my friends live on the other side of town. I want a car...Wait, what were we talking about?

    Anyway, your summer already sounds better than your spring, which I assume was boring and adventureless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for the best summer everrrrrrr!!! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adventures are the best! I need to have more of those. I read on your tumblr (I think?) that you had a strawberry & creams frap from Starbucks and that you loved it. Try the Vanilla Bean frap one text time. You'll fall in love ten times harder with this one. :) By the way, I'm eyereckon on tumblr.

    I'd love to be your national pen pal!! :D

    ReplyDelete