December 15, 2011

Tears of joy.

Up until today I knew I'd be a nervous wreck. And I knew for the longest time my friends would get their Florida State University decisions before I heard back for my early decision. Still, the anticipation mounted and it consumed my thoughts. I had gotten the mail Tuesday evening prior to everyone logging online then posting to Facebook a variation of "I got accepted to FSU!" Confirming there was no big envelope with my name on it, I dismissed the mail onto my mom's bed and studied diligently. I started getting ready for bed when my mom called me into her room. The way she said my name sounded like she'd seen a roach or something. I walked calmly in as she held up a 5 x 7 envelope, asking how I did not see it. My hands began to shake as I opened it. I read the first line and grinned wider than I knew possible. I sat down to read futher, feeling as though my future was literally in my hands. And then I started bawling. Not out of sadness, but out of pure and unadulterated joy. I immediately relayed the news to my brothers and dad. I deliberately have kept this private, telling a select few people everyday. It's not because I'm unhappy, oh dear no, I just want to keep reveling in this (relatively) alone as long as possible.
In other news, I have my AICE English Literature exam tomorrow, but I'd be lying if I said I was worried about it. Aside from AICE Psychology (and Economics Honors, which I almost forgot to count it is so easy) it has been my easiest class. For the past two weeks I've essentially been given time in class to read Mansfield Park while everyone else struggled to finish their reading logs for Nervous Conditions. I really can't complain.

My group finished the math parody we filmed for our AP Calc exam! Tomorrow we're going to watch everyone's videos and probably die from laughter at our collective stupidity. That's the beauty of it.

As the end of the semester quickly approaches, I am letting myself get more excited about winter break. I hope mine is filled with hot chocolate, good books, beautiful photographs and magnificent adventures. That's all I'm asking.

Tomorrow I'm sending out my secret Santa package! In case I don't say it enough, the blogger family is awesome. I love you, guys.

6 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I KNEW IT. I WAS WAITING FOR THIS. Congratulations! :D WOOHOO. This is awesome. Lizzie, we are both in college. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? I have three tests tomorrow and frankly, I couldn't care less.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot I was already in college >.>

    Wow. Good Job!
    College is fantastic. It's a crap ton of work but at the same time it feels like you have more free time than ever.

    Also, somehow people mature without noticing. Over thanksgiving break someone told me I had "lost my mayhem"...

    Basically, you're going to have a lot of fun, almost everyone will be "your kind of person" (hopefully), you're brain is going to turn into a short-term memory storage bank with a one-semester expiration date, and you will soon learn the highly delicate art of finding all the free food.

    Oh, and while avoiding my ethics homework I decided to snoop around the Macalaster web site. There is no muggle quidditch team at your soon-to-be college. You must fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad you got accepted. :D and so proud of you and Natalie.

    (also, everything Isaac said. Especially the short term memory bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    Also, we love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HURRAY CONGRATULATIONS YAY HAPPINESS! That's so great! :D

    Here's to good winter breaks, yes? And getting into dream colleges! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!!!! :) You must be so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete