August 23, 2013

Dear Brianna,

You are not unfamiliar to getting my thoughts in letter form.  In fact, you are one of the reasons I consistently write snail mail.

Mostly, there is a lot I should be thanking you for.  Like coming to my "directorial debut" a few years ago, or always driving me when we go out for photoshoots.

What I should thank you for most, though, is your unwavering friendship.  We have never had drama or anything to strain what we share.  You've supported me in my move to Minnesota.  As in, you were genuinely cheerful when I told you I got accepted to Macalester.  Sadly, not many of my friends were as supportive or happy.  Perhaps in part because they were still waiting back from their dream schools, but also because I don't think they comprehended my desire to create and experience outside my hometown.

You definitely comprehend that, Miss-Headed-to-California-to-Attend-Her-Top-Choice-School.  Gosh, it would be incredible to visit you!  In the meantime, I will stalk the millions of photos you're bound to take.  I'm dying to see your perspective of UCSD's tree library, both inside and out.

I wish you the best of luck moving forward, though I know you have the determination to make anything work in your favor.  I'm glad to spend the time we have now crafting and discussing our future plans.

Love,
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment