August 10, 2013

Dear Puja,

Today I went to St. Paul's Indiafest with several friends and I thought of you.

I thought of all the Indian food you've had me try over the years.  Of course, I don't know the name of virtually anything because you'd laugh and say you didn't know the English word for it.  Still, I enjoyed everything, even if it was, as you cautioned, spicy. 

Stingy and not particularly hungry, I opted out of food and got Falooda instead--very sweet!

I thought of you when I saw Sana's and Zoe's henna tattoos.  These similar, intricate designs have graced your hands in the past and I always admired them.  I almost got my own but the line was an unbearable wait.

Bottom line, I wish you could've been here.  Sometimes I forget how effortless it is to talk to you and feel at ease.  I felt like I was pulling teeth just to relate on basic levels today.  Maybe I'm just done pretending I want to be here.  This summer has been more work and hardship than relaxation and fun.

I can't wait to see you and give you the biggest hug.

All my love,
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment