August 21, 2013

Dear my hometown,

You are not how I left you a year ago, or six months ago, or four months ago.  You keep changing, growing, regressing, and most of all, challenging me to rethink what I've known.

While much is familiar, a great deal has been reshaped, remolded.  For instance, New York & Company is now Bonefish Grill, Rave is now Carmike and that gynecologist office next to US 1 has recently cropped up.  (And it is, might I add, an eyesore.)  Plus that house by the S curved chopped down their tall trees.  What are we coming to here?

When I visited last for my spring break, K-12 students were still in school and now they are back again, just a year older.  That's absurd.

Some things don't change, though.  You are still where my best friends and I can come together and laugh over the silliest conversations.  

Today, Puja, Aniesa and I got to spend time together before we part again.  I snapped the above picture only to find it's a) too dark and b) weirdly stained, making it a less-than-perfect representation of a perfect day.  (Not the mention the scanner was dirty...ugh.)   Basically we wandered Books-A-Million, ate nachos, saw The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, and indulged in ice cream.  Good fun.

I suppose that's the magic of hometowns: you will always be reunited with people you know and love and be reminded where you came from.  

Thanks,
Lizzie

1 comment:

  1. "You are still where my best friends and I can come together and laugh over the silliest conversations." FEELINGS. This is pretty much the only reason I ever want to be home.

    ReplyDelete