September 05, 2009

She's a live wire.

So much has happened the past week or so. It all feels like a massive blur. I deeply wish I had had time to blog, but alas, the amount pf homework and tests/quizzes has increased and in return, the energy I had for writing diminished. I appreciate all the comments you guys left and I have every intention of commenting back soon.

Last night I went to our first home football game of this school year. We lost, yes, yet it was still a good game and the band played well. Our biggest problem seemed to be fumbling the ball and losing momentum after the half. Oh, well. I got to hang out with Aniesa and meet other friends of her, including her sister. We basically sat on the bleachers the whole time due to the inconsistent, and therefore unpredictable, rainfall. Good thing there was an umbrella shared between the two of us and the others didn't mind getting soaked. I cannot wait at all for our homecoming game when I'll get see Nikki!

Only moments ago I finished the sequel to the book, The Hunger Games, called Catching Fire. It is such a tremendous read. Sadly, I have to wait an entire year for the third and final book to be released and that's especially agonizing since the second ends abruptly. Talking, er writing, about release dates of books reminds me of how Puja is almost obsessive compulsive about adding them to her phone's calender.

The only reason I want to go back to school on Tuesday is because there will be book club. I'm a nerd, geek, whatever. What's new? I'm hoping with all my might I did well on my math test yesterday. It'd be cool if my math teacher could grade at the speed of sound and I'd have it back before the weekend. Somehow I think if she could do that though, she wouldn't be teaching and instead in some science lab being studied.

These 10 facts I am getting ready to lay out are a part of what I'm supposed to do upon receiving the "I think you are an awesome girl" award. Thank you, Kait!

1.) I am the only kid in my immediate family that knows how to ride a bike. My brothers never tried extensively nor truly cared.
2.) I used to dance at an actual studio with a girl that lives down the street from me when I was very young. (We're talking age three and four.) Nowadays, I highly doubt the girl could pick me apart in a lineup, even though she's merely a year older, and we both live in the same exact place. That's okay, she is older and I still enjoyed my dance classes.
3.) I'm getting closer to being done with my brother's drawing. Look!
4.) The first CD I ever got was Aaron Carter's, Aaron's Party (Come Get It) and I know exactly where it is in my room to this day. He was also evidently my first celebrity crush.
5.) It was assumed that I had swallowed my first tooth on a camping trip. (We searched the garbage full of food I had eaten prior and no luck.) That same trip, my brothers and camping companions played an epic game of Pokemon Master Trainer (the board game) in the back of my dad's station wagon. Good times, good times.
6.) I've fed a giraffe at the zoo. It was amazing!
7.) If there's a rubber band on my wrist and I am talking in person with them or listening, I am fidgeting with it.
8.) I've walked along the street amongst the sets in Los Angeles that was used for the yellow brick road in The Wizard of Oz.
9.) In first grade I won first a district poetry content, which meant I advanced to the state-level of competition. At state, I got third and a free trip to Sea World with my parents. From there, I went on to win first in the nation.
10.) I've met the author, Richard Lederer. His daughter is famous poker player, Annie Duke.

Have a good weekend and Labor Day!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) I love your blog :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it does.

    Your title picture is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely better.

    It's simpler, with less colors, and prettier. (no offense).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, first place is pretty epic... How was seaworld?

    Oh, and dynamite drawing btw.
    And I think Aaron Carter was the celebrity crush of choice of our childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I have an award/tag waiting for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The address to the children of America? The one that people are all upset about? If that's the one, then yes.

    Ya know, Obama's great and everything, but he seems afraid of action...just a lot of talk and public face.

    ReplyDelete