December 29, 2009

And you got me living in the past.

I apologize for this entry's length in advance.

I thought for a blog entry on the last day of 2009 I should somehow commemorate the year. So here goes.

My friend Zack had helped me in the past to think up some pretty ingenious entry titles for my former AOL blogs, "[Meh.]" and "No One Ever Listens to Me." I would link you to those if I could. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the AOL Company decided to discontinue their blogging service and delivered an ultimatum. Either we relocate here or quit the hobby entirely. I had gone a good few months debating my decision. I was also computer-less, which weighed in the balance considerably. And therefore, I must confess, at one point I was leaning towards not doing it. Then I suppose I woke up one day -- after receiving a new laptop -- and decided to make a new blog here during the fall of 2008. Soon, Abs and Scarlett (known as Jedi Girl to me at the time), followed suit and we all started anew.

Okay, so that's basically the backstory of how this blog came to be. I really feel it took me until January of this year to gain readers, though. I felt apathetic that month especially. A memorable line from one entry was, "I feel like taking pencils and shoving it down people's throats." Yeah, not a whole lot of love there.

February introduced some new changes. Not only was I seriously settling down into my second semester of freshman year in high school, I lost friends, and I was hurt. March was better because I started focusing on other aspects of my life. This was also the first month I started posting pictures with any regularity. I got a 100 on my latest math test and all A's on my report card for the first time in high school. More blog friends began entering my life such as Jess (who needs to update sometime!), Shelby, Katie, and Strawberry.

In April, I regaled about my various happenings related to school.  Come May, I was studying for dozens of exams, including IGSCE papers. I had started a Photography Passion Week for basically just myself and to convince my mom I was indeed serious about photography. That way I could ultimately get a Nikon P90 camera to further my abilities as an aspiring photographer.

June marked the beginning of my summer 2009. I got my Nikon P90. Woot, woot! I went and saw Transformers 2 with my best friend, Nikki, during its midnight showing. That was a ton of fun. Oh, and my family took a mini vacation down to South FL. In addition, I was introduced to Kait and her awesomeness around this time. By July I was used to sleeping in and having the days to do practically whatever. It was a nice contrast to the constant slew of homework and projects I had months prior. I became more proficient with my camera, even though chances are I don't know everything. This, by far, was my busiest month.

Then came August. I started school again, this time as a sophomore. I read Ethan Frome and made a post about my first pair of converse shoes that subsequently became littered with comments and such from friends of mine in middle school. A pretty decent month, if you ask me. Next is September. I managed to talk about failing a math test and making a copper necklace.

I think October, November and December are recent enough that they need very little recap.

NOTE: If you are reading this and I did not mention your name and you're a friend/follower, I do not think any less of you. I just tried to limit who I mentioned and to be perfectly honest they are just the names that first popped into my head. You guys are all awesome and I hope you'll stick around! :]

Now that I've looked back and taken several glimpses into the past, it's time to face the future. 2010! We're on the cusp of entering a new decade. It's exciting and fresh. However, I am not good at making resolutions, so instead, I thought I'd list a few things out of several I'm looking forward to in the coming year.

1. Getting to use my panda Bento box.
2. Summer.
3. Making new friends.
4. Hanging out with my already friends.
5. Seeing Toy Story 3 in 3D with a giant group of friends.
6. Receiving the four pairs of tights in the mail from Kohls.com (gift card, FTW!)

Happy New Years, everyone!
:D

3 comments:

  1. Snow is awesome to a point. (:

    Like you, I wish I could go onto my RED blog. I'd like to read my entries. I've changed so much. My writing has changed tens fold. I had no idea your friend helped you out with your entry titles. They were awesome! A good pal is good indeed. We've been blogger pals for 3 or 4 years. THAT'S AWESOME!!! I'm so lucky.

    I as well am excited for Toy Story 3. So, Andy decides to give his toys away right before college?...why not before high school? My friends and I were making fun of this.

    2010!! It's up to us to make it awesome. (: Happy New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited for toy story 3. It's interesting to see these recaps, various themes reoccur in all our lives. Hope 2010 is good to you!
    -indigo
    ps. in response to your comment I got the skirt on a vacation to florida state a while back at some touristy shop on the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get to be a part of a recap?! : D

    I love your personal blog. You do such a great job at being consistent and having wonderful photographs. You are passionate about life and that oozes all over every one of your posts : ) ooze in a good way. ooze just sounds gross now. sorry for going in that direction.

    anyways. lizzie you are fab. you should already know this by now. <3

    ReplyDelete