January 08, 2010

Come roll the dice for me.

Four days back to school and it feels like I never left. It was all fairly productive. Within the short time frame I had a math quiz, a Spanish project assigned (to be completed by next Friday), history booknotes, read Act I of "Much Ado About Nothing" by Shakespeare in English and balanced chemical equations in Chemistry. Thus, needless to say I was excited to wake up this morning and realize it was Friday.

I'm currently working on a drawing of my grandfather, a WWII vet. (Not that my other grandfather is in anyway less cool. In fact, before too long, I am hoping I can draw all my relatively close family members.) I'm planning on completing it sometime in the coming week so expect a picture soon. I'd say I have about 60% more to go.

Meanwhile, our art teacher gave us our next project. We must select a social issue and then portray it, in any medium we choose, and successfully convey an emotion. Which prompts me to ask you, what do you consider a social issue? We had a class discussion about it on Tuesday and it really does depend. Shoot, I don't think everyone in the world even believes genocide happens and other things like that. I won't reveal what issue I plan to tackle nor exactly how right now. It's true, though, that I've been back and forth. At first, I considered making my piece ceramic only to realize it might be hard to even learn pottery basics, much less try to use advanced techniques.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. We read "MAAD" in my high school english class. My teacher was obsessed with making us act out dialogue. I am a big nerd so I loved every minute of it.

    What a great art project. If it's not too personal I hope you will reveal your final product : )

    Those shirts. Pure hilarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you share the final project with us, it sounds like a good challenge. Right now we are doing a project based on a myth legend or rumor.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I had those tights. They are so gorgeous.

    I guess a social issue is anything that affects the community. We're having a Charity Ball at school for Youth Without Shelter.

    ReplyDelete