January 30, 2010

Crashing cars in his brain.

"I asked her sister for a cell number, at least, but something tells me that 401-GO2-HELL is out of service."
--from My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

My mom celebrated her birthday three days ago. Happy birthday (now belated) to her! My brother celebrated his two days ago and now he's eighteen. Happy birthday (again, now belated) to him! I don't know if it makes me sad or happy to know he'll be leaving for college soon. I've joked about converting his room into an art studio, but I think I'll really miss him.

I got my hair cut and re-highlighted this past Wednesday. Several people/friends at school commented on how "nice" or "good" it looks and by the tenth person, I've taken their word for it. It's a change from my long hair, that's for sure.
Darn. I meant to take a picture of the collage I created to go along with a quote from Shakespeare's "Much About Ado Nothing." I made it as part of a project for English. Since it was due yesterday, who knows when I'll get it back.

I've seen two turtles at the nearby pond on my walk home from the bus stop. Unfortunately, I lack my camera with excellent zoom and as soon I get within about ten yards of them, they waddle into the pond and submerge, their escape plan complete. I'm not that scary, am I?

My outfit Thursday:

My outfit Friday:
I'm not trying to morph into a fashion blogger. Oh no, I'm going to leave that to the pros. I just felt like it.

As for the guesses about my social issue art project, Indigo was the closest, but still incorrect. Depression is certainly the emotion I'm trying to convey, though! I'll try to post another picture for another hint relatively soon.

RIP J.D. Salinger. I was planning on reading The Catcher in the Rye sometime this year. Now I definitely will.

Have a good weekend and following week.

5 comments:

  1. The Catcher in the Rye is an interesting book. People say its amazing but I'm not so sure what the hoopla is all about. Maybe you'll be able to tell me why it's so wonderful? :)
    Love the haircut and color! Change is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I recognized his name somewhere! It's a shame he died. I wish I could've read the book before it happened.

    Your hair is cool! But it's not very short. MY hair is short. And it's on the longer side of short.

    What's up? WHAT'S UP? The SKY is up, woman!! That, and being bored out of my mind. Et toi?

    Hah! I love reading. But I haven't read many classics; at least not compared to the number of classics out there. But I've probably read more than most people my age. So whats does that mean? I'm a better writer than most people my age? Bah, not good enough.

    I hate feeling amateur.

    Yay for The Killers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your madre and bro!

    I LOVE your hair. The other ten people were right, it looks great!

    I also love your both of your outfits. Especially those pants!

    Catcher in the Rye is mmm mmm good!

    Your last title post made me start singing, "The night starts, forget your name, forget your fears!" I love that song.

    Never read My Sister's Keeper but the movie was great. Although my friend told me it is very different from the book, as most movies tend to be.

    Glad to see you are being all fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird! But I've been trying to catch up to music since I started listening to it. Almost all the songs I "discover" are a couple years old.

    He IS gorgeous! No quotation marks needed. Look at his EYES!!! *sighs dreamily*

    You too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heard the lovely bones and sherlock holmes were not good. :l ehhhh, i dunno.
    your hair does look great, lizzie! ^^

    ReplyDelete