November 03, 2010

Robots in disguise.

Happy Halloween, (retroactively)!

Nikki's birthday is November 1st so for the past several years we've hung out/celebrated together. Last year we went and saw Paranormal Activity together. It might've made perfect sense to go see the sequel this year, but instead, I threw her an awesome Transfomers-themed party complete with an Optimus Prime cake (that I made and hand decorated, no less)...
...an Optimus Prime pinata that she refused to bust open...
...along with Trasformers-themed plates, napkins, noisemakers, cups...
...a Transformers tablecloth...
...and a Bumblebee light-up banner!
After all the excitement, we went trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. My candy haul was pretty bad this year. What gives!? Most popular candy received: Butterfinger.

Guess who gets to write an approximately four page analysis of Patrick Henry's famous speech to the Virginia House of Burgesses tomorrow in only 40 minutes? That's right; yours truly. I also have a math test and a physics lab due. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

P.S. I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. Pretty much I have no idea what possessed me to think that I'd be capable of writing a 50,000 word novel. You guys know I'm stressed as it is. I'm so silly. But, you should let me know if you're doing it as well. We can become writing buddies!

4 comments:

  1. oh, lizzie. you have so much on your plate.

    it's funny when you try to break down the reasons why someone would buy unpopular candies. they could be folks who wouldn't want leftovers because they'd eat it themselves and don't want the calories... so they get the least tempting candy for their own sake.

    i, on the other hand, would buy my favorites if i were to supply kids with treats. also for my own sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing nanwrimo as well!

    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/740705

    And, I'm a little ashamed to admit to it, but I spent yesterday writing instead of working on my vectors lab that's due friday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably the most badass birthday party theme ever, hahaha. :D The cake looks pretty darn delicious, I must say. Happy birthday to your friend!

    My candy haul wasn't so great this year, either. One person just gave out gumballs. Really?

    It sounds like you're definitely taking on a lot of stressful stuff right now. :P I feel your pain! Good luck with NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WRITING BUDDIES WOO!

    Damn, that's one fun party. Haha. I think if I had a birthday party it would be...alien themed or something...haha...

    ReplyDelete