April 29, 2011

Dali was eccentric.

I'm finding it hard to translate my entire Dali museum experience into words. Surreal would be a good description, both literally and figuratively, but it's hard to confess how much it moved me. Visually assaulting, I think the phrase our tour guided used was. I stayed completely awed by the scale and immense detail that he achieved in each piece. I have a fresher appreciation of art now. At the gift shop I bought a few postcards, a magnet, a bookmark* and a temporary Dali mustache tattoo. 'Cause I'm cool like that.
After the museum we traveled to Ybor City to eat at Columbia Restaurant, the oldest and largest Spanish restaurant in the United States. The food was delicious, the conversation between friends enjoyable and the decorum breathtaking.
*My mom specifically requested one.

I can hardly believe that April, and thus BEDA, is almost over.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. First of all, buildings like that make me want to be an architect. With the spiral staircase and those amazing windows. And then that's not even counting the actual work in the museum, which makes me yearn for the day that I suddenly develop some incredible artistic talent! Haha. It looks awesome, and if I ever happen to be in the area I shall make it a point to stop there. And eat at the yummy restaurant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you had such a fantastic time there! Now I want to go to a Dali museum, haha.

    BEDA BUDDIES FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete