August 29, 2012

A summer to 12emember.

By this time tomorrow I will be a thousand miles away from home.  Once in Minnesota, I'll be headed to St. Paul to meet my roommates for the first time, and then to downtown Minneapolis to shop for last minute supplies (in the original Target, no less.)  I cannot contain my excitement, guys!  It's finally time.

I would be remiss, however, if I didn't remark about this past summer.

These past few months have meant a lot of personal growth, most of which I haven't felt the need to discuss on the Internet -- that's growth right there.  While the changes are overall subtle, I can feel I'm not the same person.  So many things that mattered then don't matter now.  Conversely, so many things that didn't matter then matter now.  I've had to fill out a job application, deal with financial aid forms, register for classes, and apply for housing: the woes of an incoming college freshman.

I'm really at a loss for words to describe all I've experienced; I've never been good at summaries.  Essentially, I am ready to take on whatever comes my way this semester.

And -- fingers crossed -- I'll have the time to write about it.

Days until I start college: 2
Days until my birthday: 42

5 comments:

  1. I hope you find time to write about it too! I love reading your entries; you're such a good writer.

    I also don't feel the need to post every little thing online, on the blog or on Facebook. I guess I can always remember this as the summer I fell in love!

    I wish you all the luck in Minnesota! You're going to do great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep that spark! You'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your countdown has gotten so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing time! I'm sure you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete