August 28, 2012

Summer 2012 soundtrack.

This summer I made a concerted effort to "document" my experiences with songs.  Each of the thirty below elicit a specific memory from these past few months.  Members of the Blogger Family probably recognize several from their mix CDs.  I'm really glad I got to do that, by the way; I realized one of my favorite things to do is share music!  If you'd like to know the backstory of why I chose a certain song, simply comment the corresponding number below and I'll tell you in a reply.

1. "Bandage for a Bleeding Heart" -- Aidan Hawken
2. "Planet Telex" -- Radiohead
3. "Hurts Like Heaven" -- Coldplay
4. "Take a Walk" -- Passion Pit
5. "Some Nights" -- fun.
6. "DLZ" -- TV on the Radio
7. "Midnight City" -- M83
8. "Lego House" -- Ed Sheeran
9. "Touch the Sky" -- Julie Fowlis (Brave soundtrack)
10. "Two Worlds" -- Christie Dupree
11. "Time" -- Hans Zimmer (Inception soundtrack)
12. "The Harrowing Adventures Of..." -- Tokyo Police Club
13. "On the Road" -- Keane
14. "Girls Like You" -- The Naked and Famous
15.  "Elephant Gun" -- Beirut
16. "One More Night" -- Maroon 5
17. "Anti-D" -- The Wombats
18. "Cassette Tape" -- Katie Costello
19. "The Recluse" -- Cursive
20. "Simple Math" -- Manchester Orchestra
21. "Lazy Eye" -- Silversun Pickups
22. "Fell in Love With a Girl" -- The White Stripes
23. "Blister in the Sun" -- Violet Femmes
24. "Folding Chair" -- Regina Spektor
25. "Carried Away" -- Passion Pit
26. "It's Time" -- Imagine Dragons
27. "Comes and Goes (In Waves)" -- Greg Laswell
28. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" -- Taylor Swift
29. "Motion Picture Soundtrack" -- Radiohead
30. "The Golden Age" -- The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Days until I start college: 3
Days until my birthday: 43

2 comments:

  1. I really really really enjoyed the mix you sent me!

    So much!

    Also, my friend Bekka enjoyed it so much she borrowed it from me to make herself a copy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have TREMENDOUS taste in music!!! So happy to see Beirut, Passion Pit, TNAF, Greg Laswell and much moooore on there. Can't wait to check some of these out :-)

    Chloe X

    ReplyDelete