August 20, 2012

Lollipop moments.

This video was recently posted by a staff member at my college.  I am a sucker for Ted Talks so I watched it...and I was moved to tears.  To tears.  Why exactly?  I'm not entirely sure.  I figured it's because, in a way, connected to what I'll be experiencing soon in terms of saying goodbye to people who have made an impact in my life, unconscious or conscious, and moving forward.  I urge you to watch the video, but my feelings won't be hurt if you aren't inspired by it.

After an early appointment this morning, I went to the dollar store to buy flip flops.  That's right, folks.  I live in Florida and don't own a pair of flip flops. Thus, I invested in two  cheap pairs so I can be in the dorm bathroom/showers without having to touch the nasty floors with bare feet.  I think it was a wise purchase. 

I am continuing the pack and make an inventory of everything I'm taking.  It's bound to be headache figuring out what I can ship, what I should take on my person, and what I should buy there.  I have created sub-lists and dozens of mental notes.  I've tried to write down what I can.  I hope I remember it all!  Also, I will film a dorm items video since you guys requested it.  That should be up in the next couple of days!

As much as I wish I were reading more this summer, at this point I can't be bothered.  I plan to finish The Ghost Map (only 60 more pages) and then call it quits.  It's a shame I probably won't have much time to do pleasure reading this fall.  Fortunately, there are 16 books I'm supposed to read for class; that should help keep me on track to read 50 for the year.

Alright, I'm off to do even more organizing and packing.

Days until I start college: 11
Days until my birthday: 51

1 comment:

  1. That video gave me chills. Good chills. So good in fact, I felt the need to share it on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete