August 13, 2012

The results are in.

I'll lead with the awesome news:  This morning I woke up to an e-mail from my Physics teacher saying I passed AICE Physics!  Guys, I PASSED AICE PHYSICS, which is easily ten times more difficult than IB or AP.  It's hard to describe why, perhaps because it expects you to know the book inside and out, and be able to apply the concepts,  amounting to a lot to remember.  I was only one of four people to pass so I feel even more validated in my efforts.  I mean, of all the tests I took, Physics was the one I expected to fail.  I am so incredibly happy busting my bum studying for it paid off in the end.  It definitely makes up for getting a 1 on my AP Calc exam which I didn't even talk about on here because I was so ashamed.  Rest assured I can still take a derivative, but clearly I didn't prove that to the graders at College Board.  So be it.  And to be honest, I think I took AICE more seriously, anyway.  It's cooler to be able to say, "yeah, I earned my AICE diploma with merit" than brag about the single AP exam I sat through.

As for my other exams, I am fairly pleased!  To quickly explain, the scoring is based off international thresholds.  For instance, an A*, the highest you can achieve, means you were in the top 3% in the world to get that mark.  An A is roughly 5% and then down through E, the percentages get larger.  I hope that makes sense.  I know it's kind of strange if you're not used to it and haven't thought in these terms the past four years.  I think I explained it better last year.

(More for my personal reflection, I figured I would link to entries I wrote about my past scores: 9th grade10th grade11th grade.)

My exam results:
AICE English Literature* -- C
AICE General Paper -- A
AICE Psychology  -- C
AICE Thinking Skills* -- D
AICE Physics -- E

*A-level, meaning I got two credits for passing.

Puja, Regina, Aniesa and I went and talked to our Psychology teacher after we initially got our results.  There were quite a few people who didn't pass Psych and she was disappointed none of us got A's.  Well, she says that but I think she's still proud.  We also stopped by to visit our former Physics and Chemistry teachers.  It hit me how much I am going to miss them, but it's time I move on.

I am now completely and utterly done with high school.

Onto the next adventure.

Days until I start college: 18
Days until my birthday: 58

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! Seriously impressive and you worked very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's such fantastic news. I just think it's funny how a lot of us are just really hardworking. Maybe it just comes with the personality type of people that keep blogs for very long periods of time? I don't know. But seriously, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you did well! And I concur with what Natalie said :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so pleased that you passed and it must be a great feeling to have finished high school.

    I live in the UK and obviously we follow the British education system, so I'm really surprised that you've done A-levels! Anyway, again a very well done to you. :-)

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete